Free Confidential Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma after using or being exposed to Roundup weed killer, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit against Monsanto and our lawyers can help.
Roundup Exposure and Cancer
Roundup’s main active ingredient is glyphosate, a chemical the World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on cancer (IARC) has classified as “probably carcinogenic.” A report conducted by the IARC and published in The Lancet Oncology in March 2015 found that glyphosate caused cancer in lab tests on animals and damaged DNA in human cells. The report is currently under review by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), with a full assessment expected by Spring 2017.
How Could I Be Exposed to Glyphosate?
You can be exposed to glyphosate toxicity if you get the chemical on your skin, in your eyes, or breathe it when you are using Roundup. You may swallow some glyphosate if you eat or smoke after applying it without washing your hands first. You may also be exposed if you touch plants that are still wet with spray, as glyphosate isn’t likely to vaporize after it is sprayed.
What is Mantle Cell Lymphoma?
Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) is a cancer of white blood cells, which help the body fight infections. The disease causes white blood cells called B lymphocytes to multiply and grow out of control. These cells start by forming tumors in the lymph nodes and may then enter the blood and spread to other lymph nodes, as well as bone marrow, the digestive tract, spleen and liver.
Lymphoma Cancer Symptoms
The symptoms of mantle cell lymphoma are similar to those of most other types of non -Hodgkin’s lymphoma. The most common symptom is one or more painless swelling in the neck, arm or groin. Other general symptoms may include:
- Heavy sweating at night
- Temperatures that come and go with no obvious cause
- Losing a lot of weight (more than one tenth of your total weight)
Treatment and Prognosis (Life Expectancy)
Initial treatment options for mantle cell lymphoma include:
- Autologous stem cell transplant
- HyperCVAD (cyclophosphamide, vincristine, doxorubicin, dexamethasone alternating with methotrexate and cytarabine)
- R-CHOP (rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone)
- Bendamustine (Treanda) in combination with rituximab
MCL has historically had a much poorer long-term prognosis than other forms of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, with a median survival rate of only 3-5 years. However, advanced chemotherapy regimens and stem cell transplants have helped make significant improvements in survival. With the introduction of Rituxan, survival rates have improved significantly with many patients surviving over 7 years after diagnosis.
Roundup Lawsuit Allegations
Roundup lawsuits allege that Monsanto:
- Concealed information about the risks of Roundup and aggressively marketed the weed killer as safe for humans and the environment.
- “Championed falsified data” while attacking legitimate research linking Roundup to cancer.
- Made a conscious decision not to redesign its herbicide so that it was less dangerous to humans and the environment.
- Knew or should have known that Roundup could cause cancer, but failed to adequately warn consumers.
- Failed to adequately monitor Roundup after bringing the product to market.
Do I Have a Roundup Lawsuit?
The Class Action Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Roundup cancer lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new mantle cell lymphoma cases in all 50 states.
Free Case Evaluation: Again, if you got cancer from Roundup herbicide, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.