What’s the Problem?
This CPSC Recall began on May 26, 2021, and affects Ergobaby METROUS1, METROUS2, and METROUS4 Compact City Strollers.
“The button on some buckles that release the harness can break and detach when pressed by the user while the child is in the stroller, making it difficult to release, and posing a choking hazard to young children,” CPSC said.
Affected strollers come with a harness that has a black release button in the middle of the buckle. The model name is located on the inside of the frame, above the right-side rear wheel. The strollers have a black, gray, or teal blue canopy and the words “Ergo Baby” printed on the front bottom of the stroller.
The recalled strollers were sold online from July 2018 through September 2019 for about $300.
Consumers who purchased a recalled stroller should stop using it immediately and contact Ergobaby for a free replacement restraint harness with buckle.
The CPSC Recall Number for this item is 21-139.
Other Stroller Recalls
- Thule Stroller Recall: August 12, 2020 – Thule Group recalled about 4,000 Thule Sleek strollers over concerns that the stroller’s handlebar can detach, posing an injury hazard to children.
- Belecoo Stroller Recall: July 8, 2020 – A Better You! recalled about 750 Belecoo 535-S Baby Strollers which may be defectively designed in a way which could cause a child’s head to become trapped, posing a strangulation hazard.
- Costway Stroller Recall: Jun 29, 2020 – Costway Inc. recalled about 16,000 baby strollers for a potential defect which could cause a child’s head to become entrapped between the activity tray and the seat bottom, posing entrapment and strangulation hazards.
- Umbrella Stroller Recall: June 10, 2020 – Island Wear Inc. recalled Umbrella Strollers for 2 potential defects which could result in babies becoming seriously injured or even killed.
- Britax Stroller Recall: February 17, 2017 – Britax recalled 676,000 baby strollers that pose a fall hazard to infants in car seats that are supposed to attach securely.
Do I Have a Ergobaby Stroller Class Action Lawsuit?
The Class Action Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Ergobaby Stroller Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If your child or other loved one was harmed by a recalled stroller, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.