What’s the Problem?
This CPSC Recall began on September 30, 2020, and affects:
- Axis 11mm rope (white, yellow, black, blue, red and orange) available in 150, 200, 600 and 1200 feet. Model Numbers R074AA00 – R074AA27.
- Parallel 10.5mm (white, yellow, black, blue, red and orange), available in 50, 100, 200 and 500 meters. Model Numbers R077AA03 – R077AA28.
- Vector 12.5mm rope (white, yellow, black, blue, red and orange) available in 150, 200, 600 and 1200 feet. Model Numbers R078AA00—R078AA27.
- Segment 8 mm (white) available in 50, 100 or 200 meters. Model Numbers R076AA00 – R076AA06.
- Ray 12 mm (yellow/black) available in 25, 50, 75, 100 and 200 feet. Model Numbers R091AA00 – R091AA04.
- ASAP’AXIS 11 mm (white) available 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 meters. Model numbers R074DA00 — R074DA05
- Push 200 9 mm (white, orange) available in 200 meters. Model Numbers R40AW200 and R40AO200.
- Club 200 10 mm (white, orange) available in 200 meters. Model Numbers R39AW200 and R39AO200.
- Top 9.8 mm (Not sold in North America)
- Lead 9.8mm (Not sold in North America)
- JAG Rescue Kit model numbers K090AA00-K090AA02
These ropes are designed for professional use, including work-at-height use, difficult access, technical rescue and industrial applications; and for recreational use, including climbing, caving and mountaineering, according to the CPSC.
The recalled kernmantle ropes were sold online and at GME Supply, Karst Sports and industrial and recreational stores nationwide from March 2018 through July 2020 for between $200 and $1,200.
Consumers who purchased any recalled kernmantle ropes should stop using them immediately and contact Petzl America for instructions on receiving a free replacement rope.
The CPSC Recall Number for this item is 20-194.
Do I Have a Kernmantle Ropes Class Action Lawsuit?
The Class Action Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Kernmantle Ropes Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one was injured by a recalled kernmantle rope, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.