What’s the Problem?
This FDA Recall affects the following products:
- Giant Eagle American (Family Size)
- Giant Eagle Chopped Asian Style Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Chopped BBQ Ranch Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Chopped Chipotle Cheddar Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Chopped Mediterranean Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Chopped Southwest Style Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Chopped Sunflower Crisp Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Coleslaw
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Fresh American Blend
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Fresh Garden Salad Blend
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Fresh Italian Blend
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Fresh Romaine Garden Salad Blend
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Fresh Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Veggie Lovers
- Giant Eagle Shredded Lettuce
The recalled salads were produced by Fresh Express at its facility in Streamwood, Illinois, FDA said.
Affected products were distributed to retail stores from June 6, 2020, to June 26, 2020, in the following states: Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, Vermont, Wisconsin, West Virginia and the District of Columbia.
If you purchased any Giant Eagle salads that are affected by this recall, you should either throw them away or return them to the point of purchase for a refund.
This recall began on June 27, 2020.
Do I Have a Giant Eagle Salad Class Action Lawsuit?
The Class Action Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Giant Eagle Salad Recall Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new cyclospora infection cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one had symptoms of food poisoning after eating a recalled salad, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.