Update: Fresh Express Recalls Caesar Salad for E. Coli Contamination
Fresh Express is recalling cases of expired 10.5 oz. Fresh Express Kit Caesar Supreme with the Use-by Date of November 8, 2020 and Product Code S296 because it may be contaminated with Escherichia coli STEC 026 bacteria, according to an FDA Recall Notice issued Nov. 17, 2020. This recall was initiated as the result of an incident in which a randomly selected package of 10.5 oz. Fresh Express Kit Caesar Supreme yielded a positive result for E. coli STEC 026. The recalled Caesar Salads were distributed to the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
What’s the Problem?
This FDA Recall affects the following products:
- Fresh Express America’s Fresh Old Fashioned Cole Slaw
- Fresh Express America’s Fresh 3 Color Deli Cole Slaw
- Fresh Express Chopped Kit Asian
- Fresh Express Chopped Kit Bacon & Bleu
- Fresh Express Chopped Kit BBQ Ranch
- Fresh Express Chopped Kit Chipotle Cheddar
- Fresh Express Chopped Kit Pomegranate
- Fresh Express Chopped Kit Poppyseed
- Fresh Express Chopped Kit Southwest
- Fresh Express Chopped Kit Sunflower Crisp
- Fresh Express Chopped Kit Thai ‘N’ Cashews
- Fresh Express Fancy Greens
- Fresh Express Farmer’s Garden
- Fresh Express Gourmet Cafe Creative Classics Chopped Asian
- Fresh Express Gourmet Cafe Creative Classics Mediterranean
- Fresh Express Gourmet Cafe Creative Classics Turkey & Bacon Chef
- Fresh Express Green & Crisp / Verde y Crujiente
- Fresh Express Iceberg Garden / Lechuga Repollo
- Fresh Express Italian
- Fresh Express Lettuce Trio / Lechuga Trío
- Fresh Express Premium Romaine / Lechuga Romana Especial
- Fresh Express Premium Slaw Salad Kit Asian Avocado
- Fresh Express Premium Slaw Salad Kit Smoked BBQ Sriracha
- Fresh Express SHREDS Iceberg
- Fresh Express SHREDS
- Fresh Express Veggie Lover’s
- Fresh Express Veggie Spring Mix
- Giant Eagle American (Family Size)
- Giant Eagle Chopped Asian Style Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Chopped BBQ Ranch Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Chopped Chipotle Cheddar Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Chopped Mediterranean Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Chopped Southwest Style Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Chopped Sunflower Crisp Salad Kit
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Coleslaw
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Fresh American Blend
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Fresh Garden Salad Blend
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Fresh Italian Blend
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Fresh Romaine Garden Salad Blend
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Fresh Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- Giant Eagle Life’s Getting Fresher Veggie Lovers
- Giant Eagle Shredded Lettuce
- Wholesome Pantry Organic Chopped Sesame Asian Salad Kit
- Wholesome Pantry Organic Sesame Asian Salad Kit
The recalled salads were distributed to retail stores between June 6 and June 26, 2020, in the following states: Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, Vermont, Wisconsin, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
If you purchased any Fresh Express salad products that are affected by this recall, you should either discard them or return them to the point of purchase for a refund. Anyone concerned about a potential food poisoning illness should contact their healthcare provider immediately.
This recall began on June 27, 2020.
Do I Have a Fresh Express Salad Recall Class Action Lawsuit?
The Class Action Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Fresh Express Salad Recall Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new food poisoning cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one got sick after eating a Fresh Express salad, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit and we can help.