What’s the Problem?
This CPSC Recall began on July 29, 2021, and affects:
- 6500 watt and 8000 watt Generac portable generators with unit type numbers XT8000E, XT8000EFI, GP6500, GP6500E, GP8000E
- HomeLink 6500E portable generators
- DR models PRO 6500M and PRO 6500E portable generators
“Generac has received eight reports of injuries, seven resulting in finger amputations and one in finger crushing,” CPSC said.
Affected generators were sold online and at major home improvement and hardware stores nationwide including Ace Hardware, Amazon, Blain’s Farm & Fleet, City Electric Supply, Costco, Do it Best, Fastenal, Home Depot, Lowe’s Stores, Napa Auto Parts, Northern Tool & Equipment, Orgill, Power Equipment Direct, Ravitsky Bros., True Value, and W.W. Grainger from June 2013 through June 2021 for between $790 and $1,480.
Consumers who purchased a recalled generator should stop using it immediately, unless the locking pin has been inserted to secure the handle in place before and after moving the generator, and contact Generac for a free repair kit.
The CPSC Recall Number for this item is 21-173.
Other Generator Recalls
- Echo Generator Recall: July 14, 2021 – One World Technologies Inc. recalled about 3,700 ECHO EGi-2300 Watt Generators which can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers.
- Powerhouse Generator Recall: February 24, 2021 – Northern Tool & Equipment Company Inc. recalled about 3,640 Powerhorse 13000ES Portable Generators that have a wiring error which can result in an electrical shock to users.
- Westinghouse Generator Recall: September 17, 2020 – MWE Investments recalled potentially defective Westinghouse Dual Fuel Portable Generators that can leak fuel, posing a fire and burn hazard.
Do I Have an Generac Generator Class Action Lawsuit?
The Class Action Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Generac Generator Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one was injured by a recalled generator, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.