Our class action lawyers are reviewing potential lawsuits for gas field and oil field workers who were severely injured or killed in an accident on the job.
Free Confidential Lawsuit Evaluation: If you were injured, or a loved one died, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and our lawyers can help.
Update: 2 Men Injured in Oklahoma Oil Field Explosion
April 3, 2018 – A pair of oilfield workers in Wewoka, Oklahoma, were injured on Monday when an oil and gas pumping unit exploded near U.S. 270 and State Highway 56. The pumping unit was being installed at about 4pm when the oil rig explosion occurred, said Kevin Greene, Fire Chief of Wewoka.
What’s the problem?
While the gas and oil industry is frequently in the news, usually the stories are about fluctuations in price of these commodities. Sadly, only when major disasters strike does the public focus on occupational injuries and illnesses in the oil and gas extraction industry.
Oil & Gas Worker Injury Statistics
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) lists the following stats regarding gas and oil field accidents/injuries for 2011(the last year for which there are complete statistics):
- The private mining industry accounted for 155 fatal occupational injuries.
- The oil and gas extraction industries accounted for more than 70% of those deaths.
- 70% of the U.S. gas and oil workers killed on the job were Caucasian (non-Hispanic), and 25% were Hispanic or Latino.]
- Men accounted for 100% of these fatalities.
- Transportation incidents led to just under half of the workplace fatalities (51 deaths) in the oil and gas industries.
- Contact with objects and equipment accounted for 26 fatalities, with the majority of these resulting from being struck by object or equipment.
- Fires or explosions resulted in 12 fatal injuries.
- 17 of the 112 fatal occupational injuries in the oil and gas industries were due to multiple fatality events in which at least two workers were killed in the same incident.
Types of Gas Field Accident Lawsuits We Handle
Many gas field employers tell their employees that their only option for compensation in the event of an gas field injury is by filing a worker’s compensation claim.
It is important to understand that worker’s compensation may not be your only option to receiving the compensation you deserve.
Gas Field Accidents
Below is a brief list of the more common types of oil field accidents:
- Falls from rigs and equipment
- Equipment failures and/or defective products
- Oil truck accident
- Frac tank mishaps
- Well blowouts
- Explosions and fires
- Toxic chemical spills
- Toxic gas inhalation
Gas Field Injuries
Below is a brief list of the more common types of gas field injuries:
- Head injuries including brain injury
- Neck and back injuries including spinal cord injury
- Broken bones
- Severe burns
What Damages Could I Be Awarded?
Injuries from gas field accidents can be financially draining from many different angles. You incur a never-ending string of medical bills (just when you think you’re done paying, another bill shows up in the mail), and you lose wages by missing work. With severe injuries, you may also lose the ability to earn income in the future, and you may face mental anguish.
If our lawyers determine that you have a valid case, you may be eligible to receive compensation to cover these expenses, as well as to assist with pain and suffering, and loss of consortium for your spouse. If your loved one died to an injury in a gas field accident, you and your family may be able to file a wrongful death suit.
Can I File a Class Action?
Our law firm has decided against the filing of a class action lawsuit in the gas field injury litigation, and are instead only accepting potential individual claims on behalf of injured parties. We feel that individual suits are in the best interest of our clients in these types of cases, as class action lawsuits often result in “low-ball” settlement offers and higher attorneys’ fees. Contact our lawyers today to see if you qualify to file a claim.
Do I Have a Gas Field Injury Lawsuit?
The Class Action Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in gas field accident lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
Free Case Evaluation: Again, if you were badly hurt in a gas field accident, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a lawsuit and we can help.