What’s the Problem?
According to the FDA Recall Notice, this action affects:
- 9450 – Gas Station Mixed Melon Chunk Cup
- 9505 – Gas Station Mixed Fruit Cup
- 9644 – Gas Station Cantaloupe 6 oz
- 21921000000 – Fruit Frenzy Bowl 40 oz
- 21921400000 – Fruit Tray
- 21924800000 – Fruit Tray with Dip
- 21932300000 – Cantaloupe Chunks Large PLU 4960
- 21933400000 – Mixed Melon Chunks Large Bowl
- 21933700000 – Mixed Melon Chunks Small Bowl
- 21960100000 – Fruit Frenzy 16 oz Bowl PLU
- 21971100000 – Strawberry/Pineapple Cup 6 oz
- 21971200000 – Mixed Fruit Cup 6 oz
- 21971700000 – Berry Explosion Cup 6 oz
- 21971800000 – Mixed Melon Chunk Cup 6 oz
- 21984400000 – Mixed Melon Cup
- 22012400000 – Mixed Fruit Cup
- 22019600000 – Cantaloupe Chunks Small Bowl
- 22020000000 – Fruit Frenzy 32 oz Bowl PLU 1
- 22021900000 – Cantaloupe and Honeydew Slices
- 22022000000 – Mixed Melon Slices
- 22045000000 – Fruit Palooza
- 22045200000 – Melons & Berries
- 22045300000 – Triple Treat & Melon
- 22061600000 – Cantaloupe Chunks Large Kosher
- 22061700000 – Cantaloupe Chunks Large Kosher
- 28873400000 – Fruit Salad
These products were sold at all Meijer stores in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Wisconsin from Sept. 26, 2020, to Oct. 5, 2020.
“The recalled whole cantaloupe would have a sticker label stating Kandy Brand from Eagle Produce, LLC,” FDA said. “If there is no sticker label to identify it, then it should be considered part of the recall. In addition, Meijer may have used cantaloupe ingredients that originated from Eagle Produce, LLC in the store made products.”
If you purchased any cantaloupe that is affected by this recall, you should not eat it, and either throw it away or return it to any Meijer store for a refund.
This recall began on Oct. 7, 2020.
Do I Have a Cantaloupe Recall Class Action Lawsuit?
The Class Action Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Cantaloupe Recall Class Action Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new salmonella cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one had symptoms of food poisoning after eating recalled cantaloupe, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.