What’s the Problem?
This FDA Recall began on Feb. 26, 2021, and affects the following foods produced by St. Paul, Minnesota-based J&J Distributing:
- 10 oz. Fresh Thyme Taco Dip — UPC 8-41330-12368 — Code Date 3-Mar
- 9 oz. Tastebuds Taco Dip — UPC 0-38232-31612-5 — Code Date 3-Mar
- Earthgrown Mini Taco Dip — UPC 6-10014-22341-0 — Code Date 3-Mar
- 8 oz. Kwik Trip Taco Dip — UPC 0-38232-36091-3 — Code Date 3-Mar
- 15.8 oz. Kwik Trip Taco Dip — UPC 0-38232-36090-6 — Code Date 3-Mar
- 9 oz. Tastebuds Layered Fiesta Taco Dip — UPC 0-38232-31611-8 — Code Date 3-Mar
- 16 oz. Haug Taco Tray — UPC 6-10014-16383-9 — Code Date 3-Mar
- 22 oz. Haug Mini 7 Layer Dip Tray — UPC 6-10014-16414-0 — Code Date 3-Mar
- 16 oz. Haug Taco Tray — UPC 6-10014-16415-7 — Code Date 3-Mar
- 29 oz. Haug Taco Tray — UPC 6-10014-16416-4 — Code Date 3-Mar
- 26 oz. Tastebuds Taco Platter — UPC 0-38232-31683-5 — Code Date 3-Mar
- 15.8 oz. Tastebuds Taco Platter — UPC 0-38232-33235-4 — Code Date 3-Mar
- 9 oz. Caribou Turkey Sandwich — UPC 7-98493-17447-5 — Code Date 26-Feb
J&J Distributing issued this recall after routine testing revealed the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in a utensil used to produce the foods, which were distributed to retail stores across the U.S.
“Listeria monocytogenes is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems,” FDA said. “Although healthy individuals may suffer only short-term symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea, Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.”
Consumers who purchased any recalled foods should either throw them away or return them for a full refund.
Do I Have a Taco Dip Class Action Lawsuit?
The Class Action Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Taco Dip Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new listeria infection cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one had symptoms of food poisoning after eating any of the products in this article, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.