Update: Honda Pioneer ROVs Recalled for Steering Problem
The CPSC on Dec. 3, 2020, announced the recall for 118,500 Honda Pioneer ROVs after the firm received at least “… 8 reports of the ROV’s having either play in the steering or losing control of steering.” This recall affects model year 2017-2019 & certain 2020 Honda Pioneer 700 and 2016-2019 & certain 2020 Pioneer 1000 Side-by-Side vehicles equipped with Electric Power Steering (EPS). The CPSC Recall Number for these Honda ROVs is 21-711.
What’s the Problem?
According to a CPSC Recall Notice dated 6/18/20, this action affects the following Honda ROVs:
- 2020 Honda Talon 1000 – 2 Passenger (SXS10S2*); VINs 1HFVE05**L4100001 thru 1HFVE05**L4102280
- 2020 Honda Talon 1000 – 4 Passenger (SXS10S4*); VINs 1HFVE06**L4000002 thru 1HFVE06**L4002100
- 2019 Honda Talon 1000 – 2 Passenger (SXS10S2*); VINs 1HFVE05**K4000003 thru 1HFVE05**K4003902
- 2020 Honda Talon 1000 – 3 Passenger (SXS10M3*); VINs 1HFVE04**L4400001 thru 1HFVE04**L4402426
- 2020 Honda Pioneer 1000 – 5 Passenger (SXS10M5*); VINs 1HFVE04**L4400001 thru 1HFVE04**L4402984
- 2019 Honda Pioneer 1000 – 3 Passenger (SXS10M3*); VINs 1HFVE04**K4300061 thru 1HFVE04**K4301919
- 2019 Honda Pioneer 1000 – 5 Passenger (SXS10M5*); VINs 1HFVE04**K4300061 thru 1HFVE04**K4302460
Honda is aware of at least 3 reports of Talon or Pioneer 1000 ROVs moving while in the park position, CPSC said.
The recalled vehicles were sold at Honda Powersports dealers nationwide from November 2018 through March 2020 for between $15,000 and $24,000. “HONDA” is printed on the front, sides and the rear of the vehicle. The model name — Talon or Pioneer 1000 — is printed on a label on both sides of the ROV.
Consumers who purchased a recalled Talon or Pioneer 1000 should contact their Honda Powersports dealer to schedule a free inspection and repair. The CPSC recall number for these vehicles is 20-751.
Do I Have a Honda Talon Recall Class Action Lawsuit?
The Class Action Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Honda Talon Recall Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a recalled Honda Talon or Pioneer ROV, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.