What’s the Problem?
This CPSC Recall began on September 23, 2020, and affects the following electric bicycles manufactured by Pedego Inc., of Fountain Valley, California:
- Interceptor Electric Bike (Including Platinum Edition)
- City Commuter Electric Bike (Including Mid Drive Edition and Black Edition)
- Boomerang Plus Electric Bike
- Ridge Rider Electric Bike
- Trail Tracker Electric Bike (Including Gorilla Edition)
- Stretch Electric Bike (Including Dual Drive Edition)
CPSC is aware of at least 5 reports of electrical cables malfunctioning, causing the bicycles to unexpectedly accelerate.
The recalled electric bikes were sold online and at bicycle stores nationwide from January 2018 through August 2020 for between $3,000 and $4,700.
Consumers who purchased a recalled electric bicycle should stop using it immediately and contact their local Pedego dealer for information about how to obtain a free repair.
The CPSC Recall Number for this product is 20-188.
Do I Have an Electric Bike Class Action Lawsuit?
The Class Action Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Electric Bike Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one was injured by a recalled electric bicycle, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.