What’s the Problem?
According to the CPSC Recall Notice, this action affects:
- GreenPan Simmerlite 3.5Q covered dutch oven – UPC Code 885837016505
- GreenPan Simmerlite 4.5Q covered dutch oven – UPC Code 885837016512
- GreenPan Simmerlite 5.5Q covered (round) dutch oven – UPC Code 885837016529
- GreenPan Simmerlite 7Q covered dutch oven – UPC Code 885837017922
- GreenPan Simmerlite 6.5Q oval dutch oven – UPC Code 885837017939
- GreenPan Simmerlite 5.5Q oval dutch oven – UPC Code 885837019681
CPSC has received at least 4 consumer reports of incidents, “… including three reports of the lid exploding while the product was inside the oven, resulting in one report of property damage.”
The recalled Dutch Ovens feature a 4-digit date code etched onto the back of the sidehandles and a UPC code on the bottom of the box under the barcode.
Affected ovens were sold online and in independent gourmet kitchen stores nationwide from September 2018 through May 2020 for between $100 and $170, CPSC said.
Consumers who purchased a recalled Dutch Oven should stop using it immediately and contact Cookware Company for a refund or a free replacement glass lid.
The CPSC Recall Number for this item is 20-151.
Do I Have a Dutch Oven Class Action Lawsuit?
The Class Action Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Dutch Oven Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new injury and death cases in all 50 states.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a recalled dutch oven, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.