At least 2 people, including 1 California resident, have died in an outbreak of salmonella infections linked to Mexican-grown papayas.
Free Confidential Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one has developed symptoms of food poisoning after eating papayas, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit and our lawyers can help.
What’s the Problem?
September 20, 2017 – At least 235 people have been diagnosed with salmonella infection, nearly a third of whom have required hospitalization to treat their symptoms, in a cluster of 4 outbreaks in 26 states, according to ABC News.
The outbreak thus far has mainly affected Hispanic communities, according to the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA). The agency is warning consumers not to eat Maradol papayas from the following farms in Mexico because they may be contaminated with salmonella bacteria:
- Carica de Campeche in Tenabo, Campeche, MX
- Rancho El Ganadero in Colima, MX
- El Zapotanito in La Huerta, Jalisco, MX
- Productores y Exportadores de Carica Papaya de Tecomán y Costa Alegre, Tijuana, Baja California, MX
Dozens Sickened by Salmonella Linked to Papayas: CBS Video
The following 4 brands of Maradol papayas have been recalled. If you purchased any of these papayas, you should not eat them and dispose of them immediately:
- Caribeña brand, distributed by Grande Produce
- Certain Cavi brand papayas distributed by Agroson’s
- Valery brand papayas, distributed by Freshtex Produce, LLC
- Frutas Selectas brand papayas, distributed by Bravo Produce.
Do I Have a Papaya Recall Class Action Lawsuit?
The Class Action Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in papaya lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new salmonella infection cases in all 50 states.
Free Case Evaluation: Again, if you got sick after eating Mexican papayas, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.