Pinnacle Foods is recalling Aunt Jemima frozen pancakes, waffles and french toast because the products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, a type of bacteria that causes an estimated 1,600 food poisoning illnesses each year in the U.S., including 260 deaths.
Free Confidential Lawsuit Evaluation: If you or a loved one developed symptoms of food poisoning after eating Aunt Jemima pancakes, waffles or french toast, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to compensation by filing a suit and our lawyers can help.
What’s the Problem?
May 8, 2017 – Pinnacle Foods says the recall only applies to products with a best by date and excludes dry mixes or syrup products. The action affects all ‘Best By’ dates of the following products:
- AUNT JEMIMA LIL GRIDDLERS BLUEBERRY 14.5oz 019600054603
- AUNT JEMIMA MINI PANCAKES 14.5oz 019600054801
- AUNT JEMIMA FRENCH TOAST 12.5oz 019600057703
- AUNT JEMIMA CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST 12.5oz 019600058908
- AUNT JEMIMA WHOLE GRAIN FRENCH TOAST 12.5oz 019600059684
- AUNT JEMIMA BUTTERMILK PANCAKE LOW FAT 14.5oz 019600061007
- AUNT JEMIMA HOMESTYLE WAFFLE 17.18oz 019600062004
- AUNT JEMIMA BUTTERMILK WAFFLE 17.18oz 019600062103
- AUNT JEMIMA BLUEBERRY WAFFLE 17.18oz 019600062202
- AUNT JEMIMA LOW FAT WAFFLE 17.18oz 019600062301
- AUNT JEMIMA BLUEBERRY PANCAKE 14.8oz 019600064701
- AUNT JEMIMA OATMEAL PANCAKE 14.8oz 019600064909
- AUNT JEMIMA WHOLE GRAIN PANCAKE 14.5oz 019600066408
- AUNT JEMIMA BUTTERMILK PANCAKE 14.8oz 019600068204
- AUNT JEMIMA HOMESTYLE PANCAKE 14.8oz 019600069102
- AUNT JEMIMA 60CT CLUB PANCAKES PREMIUM 019600435907
- AUNT JEMIMA PANCAKE MEXICO 60CT 019600435921
- AUNT JEMIMA FRENCH TOAST & SAUSAGE 5.5oz 051000063915
- HUNGRY MAN SELECTS CHICKEN & WAFFLES 8/16oz 658276202903
“The products are being recalled as a precautionary measure given the health and safety of our consumers is our top priority,” Pinnacle said, adding that, “no illnesses have been reported.”
listeriosis is a severe infection caused by eating food contaminated with the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The disease typically affects children, the elderly, and adults with weakened immune systems. Prompt antibiotic treatment can help curb the effects of listeria infection.
Signs and symptoms of listeriosis include:
- Muscle aches
If the infection spreads to the nervous system, symptoms may include:
- Stiff neck
- Confusion or changes in alertness
- Loss of balance
Do I Have an Aunt Jemima Recall Class Action Lawsuit?
The Class Action Litigation Group at our law firm is an experienced team of trial lawyers that focus on the representation of plaintiffs in Aunt Jemima Recall Lawsuits. We are handling individual litigation nationwide and currently accepting new listeria infection cases in all 50 states.
Free Case Evaluation: Again, if you got sick after eating Aunt Jemima, you should contact our law firm immediately. You may be entitled to a settlement by filing a suit and we can help.